Okay, I've got a reason to write! My wonderful and very talented friend Diane is under the impression that I can make a list of seven unusual things about myself and then tag seven other bloggers for you to check out. (Well, okay, I am unusual, so that part may be easy, heh, heh. But I don't know a lot of bloggers!)
But let's see how this goes.
Seven unusual things about myself:
1. Way back in ancient history, I was a lifeguard and used to swim competitively.
2. I have saved two lives. (A couple more as a lifeguard, probably, but the others aren't as dramatic as these.) One was a 12-yr-old boy who had vomited and passed out in the swimming pool. I had to drag him on deck and give him CPR. The other was my 4-yr-old son who was choking on a piece of orange. Good thing I saw him when I did, as his airway was completely blocked. The Heimlich Maneuver works!
3. I worked on an archeological dig in France one summer as a college gal. Then I travelled the rails around Europe for 3 weeks by myself. And, no, I would not let my daughter do that....
4. I've forgotten just about all of my French. (Is that so unusual??)
5. I was going to birth my son at home with midwife and monitrice, but labor went on for 44-1/2 hours. Yeah, I thought I was gonna die, but of course he is worth it. And yeah, I thank God for drugs!
6. Hmmmm.... I walk or drive around and constantly see artistry that presents itself to my eye, but I usually don't have my camera or can't pull the car over without risking an accident.
7. People tell me I can write, but I seem to be a woman of few words. Take this blog, for instance.....
Here are some bloggers you should see:
Diane Vogel Ferri
Diane (of course)
I can't think of 4 more right now, but I hope to soon!